COVID-19 is the most recently discovered infectious disease. Both the new virus and the disease were unknown before the outbreak in Wuhan, China, in December 2019.
Then the following measures are recommended for any workplace that is still operating on company instructions or from home.
- Implement the preventive measures and recommendations published by the Health and Safety Committee.
- Keep up to date with changes in government, medical and travel recommendations.
- Issue reminders of good hygiene practices.
- Provide adequate facilities for hand washing, hand sanitizer, and tissue.
- Clean common areas.
- Provide information to employees about the symptoms caused by the virus and what to do if they have questions.
- Keep employees up to date on changes in policies and practices (for example, remote work or travel policies) due to the spread of the virus.
- Incentivize employees to clean up their workspace.
* With information from the WHO.