The new reality has posed very important challenges for the offices of the world both in the adaptation of the spaces, as in the new biosafety protocols and in the communication and adaptation processes of all the collaborators.
The planning of the return to the offices requires a comprehensive approach that considers the different regulatory aspects on sanitary measures and, at the same time, the adjustments to guidelines and work processes.
Having a program following the Government’s protocols, the WHO recommendations and the policies of each company, is essential to minimize the factors that can generate the transmission of the disease, which have included the training of all employees according to the protocols established for that they are familiar with them and the adoption of new formats and actions and in this way it is very easy to carry them out.
Likewise, on the subject of adjustments in offices, social distance must be respected, where the safe return of employees is ensured. On the other hand, the work facilities will have to have antibacterial gel stations in high traffic points, signage according to the workspace where the directions in which people must move are established and analysis of the air conditioning flow to the office to maintain it. constant, among others.
Put the security and experience of talent first, considering individual circumstances, since there are legitimate fears of contagion, especially in people with illness or deaths in their family due to COVID-19. Providing psychological safety is key, reinforcing communication and training regarding measures and protocols for care and support for both staff and their families, which, in the event of contagion, should be a priority when returning to operations at facilities physical.
Sequential steps from the physical to the human team
The actions carried out by organizations reflect their values at all times. Some processes to maintain the safety of all the members of the company are:
• Arrange the building where it is necessary to have clear cleaning plans, necessary inspections prior to occupation and controls of the building systems.
• Communication on the definition of who will gradually return to the offices and how shifts will be structured for use of facilities.
• Prepare the workplace whose goal is to create a safe and healthy workspace.
• Understanding and aligning the expectations of talent, suppliers and business partners allows defining the new operating rules, metrics, processes and even adapting the policies that will make it possible to respect health and protection measures.
• The services that a person requires on their return or even working remotely must be agile and expeditious
• Control of access to all people in health matters, and in crucial places such as building reception, lobbies and receptions on each floor or elevators.
• Social distancing plan
• Reduce contact points by ensuring clean desks, a meal plan, and strict cleaning cycles.
All the adjustments will depend on the policies of each of the companies, but following the minimum security protocols established by the Government, although the minimum that must be done is to have the signaling and the distancing.
How will the new protocols be handled?
The protocols will be defined according to the type of company, but the basic ones will include that of those returning to the offices when they have been empty for a while.
There you can include COVID team leaders, who are the ones who verify that the protocols are being followed; those responsible for safety and hygiene who are in charge of advising on the proper use of PPE, training and inventory control; quarantine managers and delivery employees, among others.
Going back to business gives organizations the opportunity to demonstrate their adaptability and resilience, as well as to demonstrate their corporate values. Taking care of talent is an obligation, and, at the same time, increases their commitment and willingness to help the company get ahead in this health and economic crisis. Transparency, empathy and the humane treatment that is given to decisions, planning and implementation of health measures are key differentiators in the new normal.